If you want to see more of Seville off the beaten path, here are some of the best places to go and things to do as you start exploring its little-known getaways and hidden gems.
1. Explore the Metropol Parasol or what is locally known as the Las Setas de la Encarnación. Take a stroll around the area to marvel at the gigantic wooden structure. You can also enjoy a panoramic view of the city from the observation platform. Then you can enjoy a delicious treat or drink at one of the bars or restaurants in the area.
2. Visit the Iglesia de Santa Marina which dates back to the 14th century.
3. Have some of the delicious yemas that the nuns of the 13th-century Convento de San Leandro sell.
4. Enjoy a quiet moment just taking in the surrounding scenery at the charming Plaza de Doña Elvira. Pick a spot in this elegant square that serves as an oasis in the hustle and bustle of the city.
5. Watch a game or explore at the home stadium of Sevilla FC — the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán. This 45,500-capacity stadium opened in 1958 and has since hosted international football events.
6. Cross the bridge and head out to the Triana market to explore its delicious culinary offerings. From sweet treats to cheeses and tapas and more, you will find plenty of mouthwatering foods to satisfy your cravings. For a tapas bar experience, you can take your pick of tapas at the Las Golondrinas.
7. Explore the city on two wheels. Go on self-guided bicycling tours as you cruise along the bike and pedestrian-friendly streets.